Mind The Sap

Errant ramblings, mostly.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Everybody Salsa!

I made my own salsa this week for a barbeque, using only intuition and fresh ingredients as my guides. And despite my reputation for lovin' the spice, this dre-made recipe is decidedly moderate. It does, however, come with this warning: high levels of fabulousness!

Salsa de Dre

Ingredients:
3 ripe Italian plum tomatoes, chopped finely
1/3 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, chopped finely
1/4 medium-sized red onion, chopped finely
1 jalepeno pepper, chopped finely, seeds and all
1 orange Hot wax pepper, chopped finely
3-4 pickled red jalepeno peppers, chopped finely
bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1/2 fresh lime
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

Instructions:
Throw it together in a bowl, yo!

I served it with Tostitos brand "Hint of Lime" chips, and it also worked as an excellent side/topper to barbequed chicken. Enjoy, my friends!