Mind The Sap

Errant ramblings, mostly.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Gnawing pain means poverty, I guess.

It's not like I wasn’t poor before, but I never really thought of it that way, since I had attributed my lack of funds to the fact that I was still a student, and as such, did not expect to earn any appreciable income.

The fact has come into stark relief this past week, however. I am one month out-of–school, working a part-time job with no benefits and… and… I just got a toothache. A wisdom-toothache. My latest consultation has yielded an estimate of the work required at just under two-thousand dollars after taxes.

I have in my possession two bottles of Tylenol 3’s from previous injuries: never used, but wisely kept. Either this codeine goes, or my teeth do.

*Sigh*
I may never see the ocean again.